Fine Art Printing on metal
Metal prints represent a new art medium for preserving digital images. By infusing dyes directly into specially coated aluminum plates we get prints with exceptional luminosity and depth. We proudly produce the highest quality Art Prints on metal plates made by ChromaLuxe® (USA).
Metal prints are the perfect medium for displaying artwork and photography in a variety of applications from residential to commercial usage.
Our services are best for:
✓ Printing photos of your precious memories
✓ Printing photos of your favourite pets
✓ Creating unique presents for your friends and family (everybody likes custom made things, especially the high quality ones)
✓ Decorating your home (our prints stand apart from the traditional prints) or office (very easy to clean)
✓ Printing your arts FOR SELL (turn your fans into paying customers and make some 💰)
What's so special about metal prints?
✓ Metal prints look amazing 🤩
✓ Metal prints will last a life time (colours on our prints remain true for 65+ years)
✓ Metal prints can resist Hong Kong humidity (average humidity of 83%)
✓ Metal prints don't require frames and any special treatment
Ordering from internet can feel impersonal and make some people uncomfortable. Being an old fashioned person myself I prefer to talk to our customers. Please, do not hesitate to contact me (click on WhatsApp or "Chat with us!" orange button in the right corner) if you have any questions.
Mounting prints was never that quick and easy - no tools needed!
*Not suitable for some surfaces
Mounts on the back for either horizontal or vertical display.
Available for sizes from 4"x6" to 8.5"x11".
For 4"x6" we can only use a smaller easel made of plastic.
This simple mounting system will make your print float off the wall creating a professional modern look.
Can be used with metal prints up to 16"x24".
Aluminium frame backing
The frame will not only make your metal print float, but also help to keep it completely flat.
We offer aluminium frame backing for our larger prints (starting from 10"x30").
This option is used in Arts Galleries all over the world in a combination with different hooks&hangers&stainless wires.
Recommended by Print Shifu! 👍
Dye-sublimation onto aluminum (metal)
Sublimation onto aluminum (also know as metal print) is a process of infusing dyes into a sheet of pre-treated aluminum via heat transfer. Sublimation is the process of going from a solid to a gas, back to a solid - skipping the liquid state. Once the dyes submerge underneath the surface, the process is complete and the result is permanent.
The image is first printed onto a transfer paper using an inkjet technology. Then, the paper is adhered to a sheet of pre-treated aluminum. Finally it is put into a heat press. While being subjected to extreme heat and pressure, the dyes from the transfer paper turn into a gas, are pressed into the surface of the metal, and then solidify into the treated aluminum. This is where the sublimation heat transfer occurs. Once out of the press, the aluminum cools and the process is complete. There is no additional coatings or laminate applied after. As the dyes cool they are permanently infused beneath the surface of the metal substrate.
Why print on metal?
- Moisture resistant - Hong Kong humidity will not kill your metal print. Metal prints are waterproof, they will not rust, and they can be placed in areas such as bathrooms, kitchens and outdoor spaces where other prints will not hold up.
- Color brilliance - images are infused directly into specialty coated metal sheets, creating unsurpassed color vibrancy and resolution.
- Fade resistant - the latest fade testing shows that our prints will last a lifetime with resistance to yellowing and climate damage. ChromaLuxe® panels are proven to last over 65 years.
- Scratch resistant - dyes are infused beneath the exterior coating through sublimation. This makes it more durable than traditional paper and canvas imaging because it can’t be scratched or peeled off the surface.
- Modern finish - no need for a frame. It will not only save your money, but give your print a modern industrial look.
- No glass - after the heat transfer process, the artwork is completed. No additional UV acrylic or glass is needed to protect the artwork.
- Easy to clean - our metal prints can be wiped clean with a cloth and any all-purpose cleaner, allowing your image to shine hassle free. That makes them perfect for public spaces and other high traffic areas.
- Light weight - though extremely rigid and durable, the aluminium is a light weight metal. A 20" x 30" (50.8 cm x 76.2 cm) print weighs approximately 7.7 lbs (3.5 kg).
- Large format - the largest size we can make is 32" x 48" (81.28 cm x 121.92 cm). Multiple panels can be joined together to create larger installations.
- Fire retardant - sublimated aluminum holds up against high heat. Necessary for artwork hung in specific corporate and public environments which meet today’s fire-rated standards.
- Eco-friendly - made with recycled material and 100% recyclable ♻️
What you need to understand before placing an order
- ⚠️ Imperfections in the aluminium surface may be visible through the image.
- ⚠️ There can be some variations in the colour from your image/monitor to the final print, due to the nature of dye sublimation process.
- ⚠️ We DO NOT reprint jobs because of these variations and imperfections.
- ⚠️ If you have never had a Metal Print done by us and you have any concerns, we would recommend you to order a small sample print first.
Check out our prints here:
MAIL BOXES ETC® (Wan Chai)
Address: G/F, G4, 23 Harbour road, Wan Chai
(GREAT EAGLE CENTER)
How to find: it's right next to Genki Sushi
Mon - Fri: 09.00 - 19.00
Saturday: 10.00 - 14.00